- Best Local Website: Miss Staten Island Org
- Most Community Support: Miss Fulton County Org
- Best Local Venue: Miss Thousand Islands Org
- Best Overall Production: Miss Thousand Islands Org
- Director of the Year – Corrine Dartnell-Willis, CNY
- Newcomer ED – BriAnne Wilson, Miss Mohawk Valley Org
- Volunteer of the Year – Jenn Flynn, Miss Futon County
- Runner Up: Shelby Cohen, Miss Thousand Islands Org
Best Social Media – Based on frequency of posts, followers, and interactions (likes/comments/shares)
- Miss Syracuse (356 Followers) (3 Weekly Posts) (5/post)
- Thousand Islands (262 Followers) (6 Weekly Posts) (12/post)
- Miss Mohawk Valley (453 Followers) (2 Weekly Posts) (9/post)
Best Recruitment – Based on the total number of contestants and percentage of first timers.
- Buffalo 13 Contestants (12 First Timers) 92% FT
- Finger Lakes 13 Contestants (6 First Timers) 46% FT
- Syracuse 15 Contestants (5 First Timers) 33% FT
Best Princess Program – Based on the local’s Princess Program selection process (number of Princesses involved) leading up to the local pageant, and community service involvement with titleholders following the pageant.
- Staten Island: All Miss and Teen contestants recruit 1-3 Princesses to participate in the local pageant.
- Syracuse: Princesses and Pre-teens are chosen based on an essay, and participate in all Community Service Events.
- Mohawk Valley: Multiple youth pageants throughout the Valley to select Princess representatives.
Highest Scholarships – Based on the amount awarded to the winner, and total amount awarded to runners up
- Buffalo– $4000 ($7000 RU awards)
- Miss Fulton County- $4,000 ($1000 RU awards)
Milestone – Thousand Islands (50th Anniversary)
The Volunteer of the Year Award was selected based on the number of nominations a volunteer received, not the content of the nominations. However, contest participants were encouraged to leave notes explaining their choice, and the following is some of the kind words shared about a handful of nominees.
Jen Wojeski She is a full time lawyer and mother of two who still devoted much of her free time to supporting the Miss Fulton County, Miss NY, and Miss America Organizations.
Jane Eikov is the most so dedicated to her work at the Miss Finger Lakes pageant, she keeps up and supports the girls through they year and beyond. She loves and takes it as a big responsibility to pick quality judges and wants to always uphold the girls and the organization.
Amy Valenti and Corri Willis They both work tirelessly to make sure that both of their titleholders are prepared for the state pageant and happy with their current position as a local titleholder. They make time in their schedules to share opinions, suggestions, tips, and even make conference calls/mock interviews ASAP upon request. Even in Florida, Amy has not given an ounce less of her time and energy into the Miss CNY Organization. As a teacher, Corri has a busy schedule, but she’s never to busy to fit the needs of her titleholders and the organization. They always have kind comments and support but will give you honest opinions to help you better prepare yourself for Miss New York and Outstanding Teen. They’re fabulous in every way, as people, directors, and most importantly as friends.
Regina Cucci is always ready to help plan events and inspire all the contestants not just our titleholders to continue their work in the community. Regina is like a big sister and encourages our mentorship not just between teens and queens but always includes the princesses. This is so important to everyone and the real core mission of MAO.
Kristy Lee Witt She is hardworking and dedicated, and helps anyone who asks for it.
Sue Pilon spends so much time making sure not only that the Miss Thousand Islands Pageant is a success but also making sure that her girls are involved in their communities and are involved in their platforms. She takes great care of her titleholders and makes sure they come out of the Miss America Organization with a lasting positive impact on their life and friendships that will last forever! She supports her titleholders 100% and is there whenever they need her!!
Shelby Cohen is the most dedicated volunteer for this pageant I have ever known. She spends countless hours and much of her own money on making the pageant and the contestants successful. Most importantly, she has created such a great atmosphere for contestants and title holders. An atmosphere of sisterhood and service. There are more former Miss TIs and contestants that are still involved with the organization than any other local combined. This is directly due to the impact Shelby has had on all of their lives. She has taught all of her contestants and title holder that the organization is about so much more that the crown and moving on to the next stage of competition. It’s about the experience and life after the crown!
The 2015 Local Miss New York Pageant Sparkler Awards are sponsored entirely by ThePageantFile, and are not affiliated with the Miss New York or Miss America Organizations. The voted results are based solely on the opinions of those who participated, and do not reflect the opinions the Miss New York, Miss America, local Organizations, or ThePageantFile.