The fiftieth annual Miss Staten Island pageant was held last weekend down on Staten Island, New York. Both titleholders will be expected to represent the borough throughout their year of service and while at the state pageant on Memorial Weekend.
The contestants competed in the standard phases of competition private interview, talent swimsuit, evening gown, and on-stage question side by side with the Outstanding Teen competition. Contestants for both age groups must live, work, or attend school on the island to be eligible to compete for the four titles.
Former Miss Staten Island titleholders all the way back to Kari Pederson, Miss Staten Island 1967 (the first Miss Staten Island, who was then crowned Miss New York), attended the pageant as special guests of honor.
Check back at the predictions from last week- Just like we said, there’s no way of knowing if it will be a veteran or a first timer. Both the Teen and the Miss titles were won by 1 veteran and 1 first timer.
- Talent Award ($300): Heather Wolf
- Highest Interview Award ($250): Heather Wolf
- Platform Award ($500): Rose Bolella
- Miss Congeniality Award ($300): Ashley Davis
- Community Service ($200): Cassie Paradise
- Higher Education Award ($600): Ashley Davis
- Future Leader Award ($300): Nicole Doz
- Leadership Award ($200): Allison DeLuca
- Heart & Soul Award ($250): Heather Wolf
- La Morte Vending Award ($250): Alexa Moley
- American Pride Award ($200): Ashley Davis
- Star of Tomorrow Award ($200): Rose Bolella
- 1st Runner-Up ($1000): Ashley Davis
- 2nd Runner-Up ($500): Joelle Bracco
- 3rd Runner Up ($300): Rose Bolella
Miss Staten Island: Heather Wolf | Miss Richmond County: Cassie Paradise
Miss Staten Islands’ Outstanding Teen: Charista Mroczek | Miss Richmond County’s Outstanding Teen: Catherine Costagliola
Congratulations and Welcome to the Miss New York Class of 2016!