The first ever Miss Copper City pageant was held last weekend at the Rome campus of Mohawk Valley Community College. Seven contestants came out to compete for the inaugural Miss Copper City title, and the opportunity to represent the area both in Rome and across the state. The winner will take the title to Miss New York on Staten Island, to be held during Memorial Day weekend.
The contestants competed in their private interview the day before, and also met with some sponsors and attended a rehearsal with the choreographers. The next day they returned to compete in talent, swimsuit, evening gown, and on-stage question. This year, the pageant was statewide open for anyone living in New York State.
Check back at the predictions from last week- Just like we said, there’s no way of knowing if it will be a veteran or a first timer, or if the local girls will secure the crown.
- Interview Award: Alex Sprague
- Swimwear Award: Ashley Davis
- Talent Award: Ashley Davis
- Evening Gown Award: Amanda Abdagic
- Miss Congeniality Award: Emma Silen
- People’s Choice Award: Emily Drooby
- 1st Runner-Up: Amanda Abdagic
- 2nd Runner-Up: Emma Silen
Miss Copper City: Ashley Davis
Congratulations and Welcome to the Miss New York Class of 2016!